4/11/08

Kid salad


Throw together a bunch of stuff from the fridge, and you, too, can be a cannibal. I used grated cheese, snips of raisins, a red hot, banana slices, a canned pear half, pretzels, lettuce, and baby carrot halves. The possibilities are endless; just use whatever you have around.

When I was little, my mom used to give us a dollop of cottage cheese on a plate and let us use different foods to make a face on it.

This idea comes from Betty Crocker's Cookbook for Boys and Girls. And my mom, of course.


3 comments:

  1. I have that book also. My parents gave it to me the Christmas I was in 3rd grade I think. Don't believe I ever made any of the recipes.

    I passed the book along to my girl - hope she has better luck with it than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I think my girls would love that.

    ReplyDelete