4/23/08

Clear Jell-O


I made this gelatin mold last week from the Land O'Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes. I loved this cookbook growing up, and most Sunday afternoons (especially Fast Sundays), you would find me curled up on the couch with it. My mom offered it to me last year, as she had tried all the recipes from it that she had wanted to. Hooray!

I enjoyed making this mold. I used unflavored gelatin for the first time, and it went well. The liquid was lemon Perrier (it should have been gingerale, but I couldn't find it; evidently I should have looked by the alcohol). The cantaloupe looks lovely sandwiched between red and green grapes, and lime zest floats like confetti. Now I need something other than my plastic cake plate for display.

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun dish. I have never made a jello mold...maybe something I should try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely!

    For company, your plastic cake plate would be perfect if you lined it in red or green leaf lettuce first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually find jell-o salads disgusting but this actually looks like something I could eat. As long as there are not carrots lurking in there somewhere I can't see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow looks so sweet and pretty.good job.

    HAPPY WW!

    Check out mine too!

    Green
    Hands Together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty.

    I've always preferred my jello without stuff in it though. -grin-

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really yummy! It is a beautiful presentation too!

    My sister in law likes to put grapes still on the stem in the middle of these types of salad and around it. Makes for an edible and pretty presentation.

    ReplyDelete