3/25/08

Saucers


It seems that a spoon rest is always dirty. If you put it in the dishwasher, it's not there when you need it. But it seems odd to buy two or three spoon rests and find somewhere to keep them.

At some point I acquired a stack of thrifted saucers to go under plants. They quickly took up residence in the kitchen, where they are used constantly for little snacks and dirty spoons.

I just pull one out when it's time to cook dinner. I can just toss it in the dishwasher when it gets dirty or when I'm done making dinner. Sometimes I go through two or three a night! I don't know what I did before my saucers. It really helps me to keep my kitchen clean and my cooking less germy.

What's more, aren't there just thousands of cute saucers out there not being used? I love finding a use for something that would otherwise be gathering dust.


11 comments:

  1. I gotta find me some!! I usually just lay my spoon on the counter or on the stove top and then there is always a mess to clean up.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You could also use cup coasters-I'm going to have to go pull some out of the china cabinet.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my saucers have candles on them, but next time I'll save out a few! I love this idea, especially with my messier than messy kitchen. (I tposted photos to prove it last night)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll have to see what I can find to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall be heading to the thrift store to find "spoon rests"! Thanks for the tip.

    Blessings,
    ~Martie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! You know the Plastic lids that you have around that don't match a bottom, for some strange reason....I use those alot too. Thanks for sharing.

    robin@heartofwisdom.com
    http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable! Neat idea I'm going to try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have the most beautiful spoon rests!

    ReplyDelete