3/3/08

The importance of correct punctuation


I first saw this in a grammar class in college.

----------------------------------

Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?

Gloria

----------------------------------

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,
Gloria

3 comments:

  1. I am so bad at punctuation and spelling. When I was in school I was always being told I should be a journalist. I never did because I always figured you had to know how to spell and punctuate to be a good journalist! I am working on improving myself in both these areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this before and it still is funny! I have often worried, in all my written communications, if I have ever inadvertently made any similar faux pas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cool! I'm going to print it out and share it with others. :)

    ReplyDelete