2/7/08

Dark chocolate muffins

I made this recipe out of a freebie advertising magazine a long time ago. The magazine has long since gone the way of all the world, but this recipe has become a staple in our house. The molasses and balsamic vinegar make it taste really complex and unique. If you use raisins, they add to the fruity taste that the balsamic vinegar lends. This recipe is probably the healthiest chocolate dish I have ever eaten!

Dark Chocolate Muffins


Ingredients

  • 1 cup white flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ¾ cup milk
  • ¾ cup applesauce
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 tablespoon molasses
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Line or grease 18 muffin cups.
  2. Combine wet ingredients.
  3. Add remaining dry ingredients except flour; mix well. Add flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Fill muffin cups just over half full.
  5. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 18.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love muffin recipes, especially chocolate ones! :)

    Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Chocolate Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

    I hope to see you again next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED I SAY MORE?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all kinds of chocolate. I'd use the chocolate chips for sure. Looks like a very interesting blend of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ♥ Valentine’s Day! Looks YUMMY!
    blessings!
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound wonderful... Thanks so much! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate and muffins.... Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the repost of this yummy recipe! :)

    I hope you'll join me again this Friday for my Mardi Gras edition!

    ReplyDelete