1/17/08

Lego cake


For Mr. Mordecai's birthday this year, I made him this cake. I saw the recipe ages ago and kept it filed away in the back of my head because I knew it would be fun. The dots on top are marshmallow halves. It doesn't look quite as perfect as the picture with the recipe does, but hey, I'm an amateur!

And, in honor of Mr. Mordecai's birthday, here's one of my favorite creations of his, a candy-dispensing robot that was a hit at the office Halloween party. It dispenses Pixy Stix and it was made with Lego Mindstorms.

video

7 comments:

  1. What a cute cake. If my kids ever get into the lego/building stage I will keep that in mind. It doesn't look extremely hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake! I am very impressed, especially because I'm not a good baker myself. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Lego cake! The birthday cakes I make are pretty non-creative...usually I'll just make a plain cake and then find some inexpensive toys that match the theme, to decorate the top with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only was it cute, but it was very yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cakes are awesome! What a cute idea. And the lego candy dispenser is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! so big boys play with Lego too? My 8yo is addicted to the things. He wanted to start a blog himself to post pictures of all his creations..and call it "The Lego Master"

    cough..cough... the boy is nothing if not confident;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. My ds would love those legos!

    ReplyDelete