1/28/08

Cleaning list


We had a wild ride with the closing, getting the title recorded (and thus the key) about five minutes before office closing time on the day before we planned to move. I am so grateful that everything worked for us and that now we have a beautiful house to live in.

We are all moved in now, in the sense that all our stuff is in the house. However, I still need to check out of the apartment before the end of the month. I also need to unpack, unpack, unpack.

There's lots to do. The people who left the house didn't leave it terribly clean, although it's not disgusting. Aside from packing and normal life, here's a preliminary cleaning list that I've started. It will probably get longer, but I needed to write things down to keep myself sane. It actually is shorter than I had thought it would be. That's why I like to make lists: they make everything seem more manageable.
  • Deep-clean three bathrooms
  • Deep-clean kitchen
  • Sweep and mop all hard floors (buy a mop)
  • Vacuum all carpets (buy a vacuum that works)
  • Vacuum stairs
  • Carpet clean remaining rooms and stairs
  • Wash walls
  • Clean baseboards
  • Scrub garage floor (what to use?)
  • Clean out light fixtures (buy a ladder)
  • Dust ceilings (find a duster for two-story ceilings and fan)
  • Clean lint build-up from laundry room
  • Clean laundry shelf
  • Clean pantry shelves
  • Clean kitchen sink
  • Clean kitchen counters
  • Clean out kitchen shelves
  • Arrange kitchen and pantry logically
  • Catch up on laundry (figure out how to use shiny new washer and dryer)
  • Clean entryway, inside and out
  • Wipe down windowsills and blinds
  • Go back to our apartment tomorrow and clean it all
(Photo credit to our Realtor.)

6 comments:

  1. Even if things look nice and clean - there are certain things YOU want to clean yourself just to make sure - and looks like a bunch that is on your list would be mine...like washing out cupboards and deep cleaning bathroom etc.

    I'm not a super clean/neat/tidy person - but I don't like other people's "germs"...so I do a big cleaning before we have company and a big cleaning AFTER the company leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! It looks beautiful! I totally understand the cleaning thing...good luck and don't wear yourself out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's quite a list! how 'bout we get some bloggie-ladies together and come help...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I could use some help! I have a lady from my church congregation watching Red Chief while I clean out our apartment, though, so that will be much easier, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see more pictures. Happy unpacking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care during the move and all the fun that involves!

    I was 4 months pregnant when we moved into our house. It is always crazy, but it it sworth it!

    ReplyDelete