12/13/07

Fresh garbanzo beans

I can't pass up any sort of new, different fruits or vegetables that I see at the grocery store, so I had to try some of these fresh garbanzo beans. I can see why they're also called chickpeas. They come in little fat, green pods, one or two beans to each pod. The little ones are delightful raw, although the big ones are a bit woody, just like peas. Cooked (I boiled them for fifteen minutes), they melt in your mouth and taste like a cross between pea and fresh lima bean. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen garbanzo beans in their pods before. That is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would advise serving those little pod tasties up with a side of the old rhyme, "Bean, beans magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot......."

    ReplyDelete