12/17/07

Christmas home tour





I've already shown off my nativity set and my childproof Christmas tree, but here are a few more details for the Christmas Tour of Homes: a poinsettia, a library book (Christmas Mice by Richard Scarry), my favorite Gwen Frostic wrapping paper, and serendipitous red and green Dutch ovens from Ikea.

I haven't really gone out of my way to decorate for Christmas: we don't have a lot of space in our apartment, and little Red Chief is good at wreaking havoc. All our current decorations are up high. For future years, I'm hoping to make a cloth nativity set that's safe for little hands and some family stockings. I'd also love to find a wreath for the front door. Maybe the after-Christmas sales will send something my way.

As for cookies, enjoy some peppermint pinwheels! If you're feeling charitable, feel free to help me decide what to make for Christmas dinner.

7 comments:

  1. I always liked reading Richard Scarry books to my kids.

    My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks lovely.

    Merry Christmas blessings,

    kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red and green decor! We had a fabric nativity set when I was little...we played with it like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peppermint Pinwheels--can life get any more complete??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes simple is the best. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be fun to accumulate a few special treasures through the years :)
    I love your dutch ovens - that was on my daughter's Christmas list.
    bonniebeth

    ReplyDelete