11/12/07

Menu Plan Monday

I always try to get a menu together on Monday, along with a shopping list, to help my Wednesday shopping trip go more smoothly. This week I had fun looking through my copy of America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook that I received last Christmas. Everything I've tried from this book has turned out beautifully, so I thought I'd devote this week to it (with a few quick meals thrown in so I don't get burned out).

Wednesday
Chicken Caesar salad (p. 59)
Garlic croutons
French bread
Garlic dipping oil

Thursday
Extra-crispy fried chicken (p. 302)
Coleslaw
Biscuits

Friday
Roasted sausage and vegetable pasta (from freezer)

Saturday
Red beans and rice (p. 169)
Apple salad

Sunday
Spaghetti
Five minute tomato sauce

Monday
Tortilla soup (p. 93)
Grape-Nuts muffins

Tuesday
Vegetable and soybean stir-fry

Snacks
Pretzels
Fresh fruits
Milk
Cheese
Almost Nutri-Grain bars
Yogurt
Frozen vegetables

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds wonderful! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu looks great! I love those Almost Nutra Grain Bars. I made some strawberry ones last week that were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete