11/20/07

Leaving to-do

We just found out yesterday that Mr. Mordecai will be traveling for business the week after Thanksgiving, so Red Chief and I will stay an extra week with my family, whom we were already planning to visit.

We have been taking lots of little trips this past year: long weekends here and there instead of multi-week marathon vacations. I like it because it always gives me something to look forward to, but trying to remember everything at packing time can be stressful. This summer I typed up a very comprehensive packing list. This way I don't have to worry that I've forgotten something. The packing list does it for me!

In honor of our little trip, here are two of my lists.

Week Before Leaving
  • Stop newspaper subscription
  • Hold mail
  • Clean up
  • Sweep and vacuum
  • Do laundry

Right Before Leaving
  • Turn off lights
  • Lock doors and windows
  • Open inside doors
  • Unplug electronics
  • Take out trash
  • Run / open dishwasher
  • Close blinds
  • Use bathroom
  • Set thermostat

No comments:

Post a Comment