Ideas for car amusements
- Little boxes of cereal in fun shapes and varieties. Healthy, maybe not. Fun, yes. Especially if he gets to feed himself straight out of the box.
- Fruit by the Foot. Again, not too healthy, but a great, sticky distraction. I think the new minis are just perfect.
- A mini, unbreakable snow globe. I just found an amazingly durable, small plastic snow globe secondhand, which I have been looking for for a long time.
- Pat the Bunny. Unfortunately my son destroyed his copy: out of love, not malice.
- Stickers, to be taken away before they are eaten.
- Slinky. I think this one speaks for itself.
- Anything novel. I've been saving small toys for the past month so he will have something he hasn't seen before.
Ideas for general amusements
- Make a tent.
- Play ball.
- Visit the library.
- Make some edible play dough.
- Read together.
- Play at the park.
- Play with friends.
- Get out the pots and pans.
- Go for a walk.