11/8/07

C is for cookie

For the past few weeks, my husband has been taking cookies into work every time things go well on their current project (and sometimes when things don't go well, too). This means we've made lots and lots of cookies.

I love baking, but I try to limit the cookies because, well, we eat them when I make them, and they're not all that good for us. Giving them away is the perfect solution: a few for us and lots for everyone else, and I get to bake cookies and perfect my recipes. I'm still hunting for the perfect snickerdoodle, by the way.

Here's what we've made recently:
  • Ginger cookies (twice)
  • Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
  • Mint brownies
  • Butterscotch brownies
  • Snickerdoodles (twice)
  • Chocolate crinkles
Yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Your cookies sound so delicious!

    And here I thought I was the only one who sang C is for Cookie in her head, and sometimes out loud when I bake cookies!

    Thanks for the link, and I LOVE that you call your self an entry level homemaker - that is so sweet! You will be a professional very soon if your blog is any indication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come across the perfect snickerdoodle recipe, let me know! They're my husband's favorites.

    C is for Cookie is an incredibly popular song in our house as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog (I think from Safely Gathered In?) and was reading through old posts...Here is the snickerdoodle recipe I use. It is THE BEST I have ever had.

    Snickerdoodles

    Yield: about 3 dozen
    1/2 cup soft shortening
    1/2 cup soft butter
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    2 3/4 cups sifted flour
    2 tsp cream of tartar
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 tbsp sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon

    Mix shortening, butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs. In separate bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture and stir. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in mixture of 2 tbsp sugar and cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft. These cookies puff up at first and then flatten out. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete